Pages

Monday, June 27, 2016

27th: Breaking Rules

 Summary

Whenever I broke my rules and lost big from a trade, I would assume I couldn't trade the chart anymore because of its high price or volatility. After losing big today, I realized that there were still plenty of opportunities left and I just had to wait for the correct setup that didn't break my rules. The range problem usually disappears once the volume dies out and it is the low risk high reward setups that usually take care of the high price. Trading with 100 shares seems much more doable with the right setups.

What rules that I break?
1. I have an unofficial rule that prohibits me from trading when I am not feeling well or tired. This is something I thought of that I probably will work on today formally because fatigue definitely affects trading in a negative way. I usually trade through fatigue because I like to trade, but I think it definitely played a part of my downfall. If I had a proper rule in place, I would have been better off.

2. I did not manage my risk correctly and was simply not thinking in the morning. The damn chart was over $90s and I didn't even bother to calculate my risk. I went straight in like a fish and got slaughtered. I just didn't bother with risk management in the morning because I was lazy. This laziness cost me $2.00 a share.

How do I plan to fix it?
This is a huge hole in my trading that must be fixed. I was totally unprepared in the morning, so I will make a list of rules I will read in the morning everyday so I don't forget.

Ticker: GWPH
This was the daily chart.
Note: The news was meh at best. I knew the move was overdone because there was really nothing else for traders to do today.

My poor plays.
Note: I should have stopped trading it after my initial fuck up. However, the urge to get back from this chart was strong. This was my biggest mistake, I should have left it alone until the chart was in my favor. 

Note: I realize my mistake and wait for the best setups. At this time, the volatility was high so I should have just waited for it to die down a little more for a good setup.

Missed opportunity.
Note: Instead of taking this off my watch. I should have kept it on and waited for a good setup like this. Since I took it off because of my stupid beliefs, I missed this golden opportunity to actually make good money. 

Notice a mistake? Let me know below! 

No comments:

Post a Comment