Pages

Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Eighteenth: Continued Failure

Summary


Today was miserable. I did not over trade, but still lost because I made stupid mistakes.  I did not set my stop fast enough and almost got squeezed. I let go of my stop for 5 seconds and got squeezed. I traded when I was in no condition for it.

Ticker: RTRX

I did not pay attention to Pre-Market and got completely burned. I was scouting for a bottom, but did not find it. Not only did I fall into a trap, but it was right in front of my nose.
Note: Always pay attention to pre-market to see potential resistance and support. Also know that whole and half-dollar marks are good places for bounces. I was short biased on this and did not look at the big picture. I also did not account the SPY's performance which made this jump. 

Ticker: THRX

I wanted it to break $17.50 and head towards $17, but I should have sold out when it held and made a higher high. It was stupid of me to hold it for so long. I made a mistake towards the end where I took out my stop to do it manually. As I did that, this stock squeezed the fuck out of me.
Note: Do not take out your stop, unless you are 100% sure that you can replace it within 2 seconds. I took it out and it just squeezed completely. I also have to note to always sell on the pullback of the squeeze. There always seem to be one and it may be the best time to get out. 

Note: I missed the big picture again because I was too stubborn to switch my view from short to long. I need to get better at that in order to survive. 

Ticker: ACRX

It's down almost 50% from $8. I thought I would buy all dips on this for a nice bounce.
Of course I fuck up my buy in. I thought it was very strong and could go, but did not notice the volume at all. I BOT @ $4.15 and just decided to wait. I will buy all future dips or weak opens on this chart for a swing.
Note: Even the charts I like, I fuck up. I wanted to swing and should have waited for it to re-test the support. I just thought this thing was going to go and did not even notice the decrease in volume. Fuck me.

Note: Do not play charts you did not scan yourself. Always take a look at pre-market to see if there is a support or resistance. Do not trade if you are tired.

Please let me know if you have any comments or opinions. I would like to know if you have spotted any mistakes in my logic.

No comments:

Post a Comment