Pages

Thursday, May 14, 2015

Fourteenth: Rushed Stop

Summary


I thought I had this trade nailed, but unfortunately, I added in and rushed the stop on a swing trade. I suppose I misrook a day trade stop from a swing trade stop. Especially on a stock below $1.00. 

This should have been my big win, but I lost anyways. I am very disappointed. 

Ticker: GTXI

I added in because it broke out above $0.98. At this point, I thought I would lower my risk by placing my stop below $0.98 because the stock was above $1.00 already at this point. I didn't think there would be a big pullback before the end of day. 
Note: It seems like I made this a day trade kind of stop instead of a swing trade kind of stop. This is something I need to be aware of if I am to continue forward. 


So it did the thing I thought it wouldn't at the end of the day. It just crashed and burned. I should have seen this coming because of the massive push and volume before the drop. I just thought $1.00+ could sustain. My stop should have been @ $0.87 instead. 
Note: I should be patient on Swing Trades and should remember that stops should be set accordingly based on that. I should NOT assume that resistance is support UNTIL it has already tested the area for a while. 

Note: This should have been a simple add, but again, I fuck up.

Please let me know if you have any comments or opinions. I would like to know if you have spotted any mistakes in my logic.

No comments:

Post a Comment