Pages

Thursday, February 4, 2016

4th: I fucked up trading

Summary

Poor entry and execution are the topics for today. I decided to take some trades after stalling for a while and they were not pretty at all. I did not assess the information given to me properly and entered way too early. I did not bail quickly which meant I did not know my platform well enough. I am not watching the charts closely enough. I shouldn't be making any of these mistakes at this point and I have myself to blame for not being ready. I will adjust this by doing the following.

I  wrote out the hot keys for my platform, but am too slow to turn the page to look for it. I will print out the hot keys so they are in front of me. I will write a plan out in a different format so I can be dynamic during my trades. Perhaps just a risk towards a level and points of interest. I will adjust my charts so it is easier to see.

I fucked up bad today, but at least I am finally taking trades. I can finally start learning properly by trial and error.

Ticker: VHC
Gapped up and I was looking for a strong push.
Note: For these gap up plays, I should really be looking for some kind of trend to form. I have to be ready for the short opportunity as well.

Note: Classic sell the news type shit. It seems I have forgotten some basic concepts already. 

Played this blind.
Note: It seemed like I was blind when I took the trade. It was also here when I realized that I am not good enough with using the platform.

Ticker: GLUU

This looked like a regular gap and fail type of chart.
 
How I played it.
Note: I was not patient enough and started too soon. I don't think the stuff was on enough volume. I should have got out immediately when it started to hold and grind. 

Got something to say? Say it below!

No comments:

Post a Comment