Pages

Monday, February 23, 2015

Twentieth: Beginning of The End

Summary

I'd never thought I would do it, but it is almost over for me. Fuck up after fuck up has caused my account to dwindle in size. I haven't hit rock bottom, but I am dangerously close. All of this were due to mistakes that could have been prevented. Trading when I am not 100% is a big one. Execution is the name of the game and being tired definitely does not help. I thought I was starting to get a good run, but it seems like every time I move one step forward, I move two steps back. This is because one, I use all my energy on the first one and I forget the little things for my other trades.

I might have to win one stock and call it a day until I do it consistently. The challenge for me is to build my account back to size. So far, I have been losing badly. I also need a day to review trade theories because I haven't for a long time. 

Ticker: BLDR

I missed the morning washout and wanted to wait for it to drop. It was just channeling forever and my patience ran out after the short pop. I stopped paying attention which was my mistake. I just assumed that it was going to bounce back up. However, as soon as I stopped looking, it just broke down of the channel and fell. 

Note: I should not discount a chart because it did not work out the first time. Especially a chart like this where the volume was super low in the channel. I should have found it as a sign of weakness and put an alert if it dropped below the channel. It is something I must remember in the future. 

Ticker: AXN

My win of the day and something I should have just ended with. I noticed the symmetrical triangle flag thing forming and was waiting for either a break out or breakdown. The volume was extremely high and when it broke down, I just bought in. I drew trendlines to guide my prices and covered @ $1.99.
Note: This is how all my trades should be. Very simple and straightforward. It either works or it doesn't. I wish I added more size into this one. I didn't because I did not want to chase. I didn't know how much more it can go down.

Ticker: GENE

I fought the trend on this one and was hoping for it to bounce. It did a similar thing as the last bounce, but there was not enough volume to support it. I should have noticed quickly and sold out. The drop was not big enough to cause a bounce. More emotion was needed like in the last one.
Note: I really fucked up here because I fought the trend again. Unless there is a huge washout, I should not expect a stock to bounce. There was no high volume or anything. Everything was in my head. I also bought instead of sold because I was stupid. I need to stop with these mistakes, it's costing me a lot of commissions. I need to be calm and collective when I trade.

 Ticker: THRX


I really fucked myself here because not only did I fight the trend, but I also decided to be emotional after the first failed trade. My emotions got the best to me. At the end, I won a little back, but I still fucked up because I was too tired to trade. I was tired and not paying attention when SureTrader liquidated me. I bought more and sold again wasting commission.

I had a decent trade for this one, but my emotions got the best of me. I made a careless trade again, but I waited it out till the end. $18.50 was my target entry and as soon as I noticed the sudden drop, I got in.
Note: I got in, but I was liquidated by SureTrader because I was over margin. I got fucked completely because I was just tired and not in a state to trade.

Note: I should have just noticed that for charts that are just grinding up non-stop, I want to be on the backside of the move or notice to go long. I could have made money going up. Instead, I was stubborn and got bit by the snake. I need to get better at not fighting the trends and going with it.

Why am I posting this shit?
Because I want to get better! I want to shame myself so I do not make these mistakes again.

Please let me know if you have any comments or opinions. I would like to know if you have spotted any mistakes in my logic.

No comments:

Post a Comment