Pages

Thursday, April 14, 2016

14th, 15th: Huge Miss

Summary

Something is definitely wrong with my psyche. I sized in correctly and still covered prematurely. There are two problems here, and those are my rules and execution. I am still developing a system for my trading and figuring out the best entry/exit strategies. Based on what I've seen, every day is different so some strategies work better than others. It is up to me to figure out the best course of action per trade. 

The type of play today was one where I could have held and added in on any pops as long as it didn't reclaim a level of support. I failed to adapt to that and missed heavily.


Ticker: STX
I got in early and was risking high of days. These are setups that I know that usually just fades all day and yet I cover early.
Note: The area I covered should have been the area I added to my position. There was no reason to cover here based on the the type of play and the action.

Note: For these types of charts, I should add to my positions.
 

Ticker: INFY
I bought the breakout instead of the dip on this stock and that was absolutely the wrong move. There was no momentum to buy the breakout.
Note: If a stock has no volume, then it is safer to buy the dips. The only time I should buy breakouts if there is a stock going parabolic.

Bonus Missed Play: WDC
I missed an entry on this chart as well which should have been a simple start with a risk towards $42.40s.
Note: I should be focused and be playing these charts. I must be prepared in the morning.

Notice a mistake? Let me know below!

No comments:

Post a Comment