Pages

Saturday, April 30, 2016

29th: Lucky Win

Summary

I was lucky today that it was a red day for the SPY. Otherwise, I would have fucked up badly.

Ticker: GILD
The idea was that it was going to head lower. This was on my watchlist.
GILD - I'll short on weakness in the morning for a quick washout. Otherwise, I will wait for a pattern to form afterwards to either go long if a trend forms or short.

I didn't follow my plan at all because I did not take my profits for a quick washout. I did not cover to break even when it went against me. I didn't do anything like an idiot.
Note: I should take account on what the pre-market did to see how the morning would react. The drop was already big, so I guess I could have guessed for some kind of bounce.

Note: I was way too slow to take profits and was in too much size due to the no odd lot restriction. I was already in a losing situation when I decided to play this stock. The best I could have done would be instantly cover if it didn't work and cover quickly if it did work. I did neither and lost big because my plan was NOT defined.

Note: The morning losses affected my play significantly on the trades after. My mind was no longer with me and I just took what I could instead of looking at the big picture.

Note: I should wait for the trade to come to me and if it doesn't, then it doesn't.

Ticker: SRCL
My prior losses definitely affected my play here.
Note: I should be objective and should not let emotions affect me after a significant loss. I must have a solid game plan before entering trades.

Note: I covered way too early in my first trade and should have added in given the trend it was in. My second exit was decent, but I should have anticipated for the $95 break really before covering.

Note: I was just happy I didn't give up trading for the day after the first trade. I just kept going saying that I can still make up. 
 
Got something to say? Say it below!

No comments:

Post a Comment