Pages

Monday, January 12, 2015

Recap: 01/12/14

Ticker: ATEN

What happened? My stop was at $5.36. Why didn't I sell out? That's a good question because the answer is that I fucked up. This is not the first time, but I hope it is the last.  The reason why I couldn't stop out was because I couldn't make an order. I purchased with unsettled cash and now I will be burned.
Note: I got very emotional after my lost trade with BIND, so I purchased this stock just so I can get back the money I lost. Sure, it had potential, but I should have waited until my cash was settled before taking a position. Settled cash is the safest way to go, because I using it lets me get out any time. Unsettled cash is a lot more risker and it is not worth that risk for the potential reward, as you can see today. I have never been successful using unsettled cash, so I will officially stop now. My emotions have led me to horrible results. I must stop trading with emotions before things get fatal. 

Note: I have been making some stupid moves and it's been losing me money. I will probably reset my accounts this week and take a break before trading again.

Please let me know if you have any comments or opinions. I would like to know if you have spotted any mistakes in my logic. 

No comments:

Post a Comment