Pages

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Review: 01/13/2015

Ticker: ATEN


I was lucky I was able to sell today. It was my fault that I purchased with unsettled funds and I hope I do not do that again. This was a 37 cent loss. You can read why I purchased this stock in the first place here.

So I wasn't around in the morning and when I got back, I wanted to sell as high as possible. I sold out within the channel as it could not break the resistance at $5.12. I realized that this stock was going downhill so I better get out while I could.  The lesson here is, when a stock is on a downtrend, don't be optimistic and don't fight it. I could have lost a lot more if I held on. Luckily, I didn't.
Note: I have realized a pattern with how a bar closes. It seems like if it is above the previous high, it is likely that it will continue the next day. If not, then it may be done. I need to examine this pattern more. I also have to pay attention with volume before I buy things.

Ticker: DCA


I sold for 2 cents higher, but I could have done a better job with this stock. I was stubborn and paid the price once again.

I should have noticed that the closing price was lower on 01/09/15 and that it made a lower high and lower low the next day. This was stupid on my part, so I lost out. The stock looked very good this morning until it plunged straight down. I was warned 4 days ago, so I think I might be blind.
Note: Take a look at today's and yesterday's closing price. Also take a look at volume to give you signals of when to get out. At the end, the decision is yours, but these signals should not be taken for granted. 

Please let me know if you have any comments or opinions. I would like to know if you have spotted any mistakes in my logic. 

No comments:

Post a Comment